Are you thinking about decorating your deck, but aren’t sure where to start? There are so many ideas to choose from, but which one is right? When it comes to transforming your deck into an outdoor living space, there is no right answer. Each deck has its own style and brings its own personality to the table. Below are a few ways to decorate your deck with the style just right for you.
Decorating your Deck
- Add furniture: it’s always nice to start off with a focal point and move from there. Placing your main piece of furniture in a focal area will make it stand out more. There are an endless amount of furniture items you could play around with to see which one works best for you. Also, when it comes to deciding what colors you want to use, your options are limitless.
- Make it comfy: not only should your outdoor living space look comfortable, but it should feel comfortable as well. Adding a bunch of comfy pillows always seems to do the trick.
- Create privacy: creating privacy is key, especially if your home is fairly close to your neighbors. Planting a row of evergreens or planter boxes with flowers forms a privacy wall for your deck. It also adds a pop of scenery to your backyard.
- Lattice wall: putting up a wooden square lattice wall on one side of the deck is in right now. Planting certain plants such as climbing roses and clematis will eventually grow up the lattice and form a fragrant wall filled with blooms.
- Add water: adding a water feature to your decks, such as a water garden or fountain, creates a smooth, tranquil environment. Nothing is better than coming home after a long day of work to a peaceful atmosphere right in your backyard. Adding water is a great addition when it comes to decorating your deck.
As you can see, there are many options to choose from when it comes to decorating your deck. However, choose what will make you happy. If you are currently looking for a company to do your deck installation, please call Miles Bradley or feel free to fill out our quote form. We are a full-service custom decking firm that strives to see our customers satisfied.
October is here, which means Halloween is coming up! Many homeowners get into the Halloween spirit by decorating their homes with spooky decorations. Whether you are hosting a Halloween party, or just want to show off your spirit, incorporating your deck into your ideas can add a great touch! Check out some of our great “deck-o-rating” ideas:
- Mums and pumpkins up your stairs to your deck. Create a unique design by rotating their pattern! If you have deck lighting, this will even look great at night
- Utilize the steps– Using the steps to your deck; add rubber spiders and webbing, but make sure they are safely on the back or sides.
- Carved or Painted Pumpkins- There are many creative ways to use pumpkins as decoration. You can drill holes in special patterns and add a candle to shine through, or if you have a squirrel problem, painting maybe your best option! This is also a great way to get the kids involved in the decorating process!
- Spooky Skeletons- If you are looking to add a little fear factor to your deck during the Halloween season, you can purchase plastic skeletons that can be maneuvered however you like. Bend the joints of the skeleton to make them look as if they are climbing up your deck or onto your home. You can add fog, lights, or gravestones to enhance the look even more!
These are just a few of our ideas on how to decorate your deck for Halloween. We have shared much more DIY-inspired ideas for patios, porches, or decks on our Pinterest page. Be sure to check them out and share some of your favorites!
We would love to see what you have come up with this year! Be sure to share your Halloween-inspired decorations on our Facebook page!
Fall Deck Building in Michigan
Fall is a great time to have a deck built in Michigan. Because temperatures are dropping and building conditions aren’t so “perfect,” you can save tons of money on your build! With the demand lower in the fall or winter months, you can save nearly 20% with an offseason build, talk to our professional deck builders today for more information!